Focused On Your Family, Your Finances And Your Future
When faced with a family law issue, an emotional reaction is natural. You may feel stressed, angry, sad or scared. You may experience moments of panic when thinking about all the work that needs to be done to get through this. But you do not need to do this work alone.
A lawyer can take the burden off your shoulders. A lawyer can assist you in sorting through the emotions and getting down to the issues that need to be resolved, and then help you resolve them. At Atwell Law, LLC, I will give your case the personal attention it deserves.
Guidance Through Any Family Law Challenge
I have more than 15 years of experience in the practice of law. As an Easton family law attorney, my job is to solve problems that affect my clients’ finances, relationships and futures. I take my work seriously, knowing that my clients’ family law concerns can affect their lives in significant ways.
I advise and diligently represent individuals and families in the Eastern Shore in matters that include:
- Divorce and separation — In the state of Maryland, separation agreements can be used to simplify the marriage dissolution process, leading to an uncontested divorce that can be prepared out of court according to your and your spouse’s specifications. However, not all marriages can be dissolved without conflict. In contentious divorces, I will be your strong advocate, vigorously defending your interests.
- Custody and visitation — I work with clients to establish and adjust arrangements that pertain to the care and well-being of their children. I handle child custody modifications and the enforcement of orders when needed.
- Child support — I can help you understand how child support is calculated in Maryland and how much you will be required to pay or eligible to receive. If circumstances change, I can also petition the court to modify the child support obligation.
- Division of property — One important part of any divorce is fairly dividing the joint marital assets such as residential homes, vacation homes, vehicles, bank accounts, retirement benefits, and other types of tangible and intangible property. I can also assist with the division of joint debts such as mortgages, car loans and credit card debts.
- Premarital agreements — Also called prenuptial agreements, these documents can help protect your assets should the marriage ever end in divorce. I can draft a secure agreement that takes your unique financial picture into account.
- Guardianship — I can assist with obtaining guardianship over children with special needs, aging parents or other elderly relatives.
I know this is a difficult time for you and your family. I will help you focus on creating a positive future for your family going forward.