Your Lawyer. On Your Side. Protecting Your Rights.
Ryan C. Atwell, Esq.
- Motor Vehicle Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Family Law
- Criminal Defense
- Criminal Law
- Custody & Visitation
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
Atwell Law, LLC, is based in Easton, Maryland. I am the firm's only lawyer, which means that you will be able to deal directly with me regarding all legal matters.
I grew up on Kent Island and graduated from Queen Anne's County High School in 1991. After graduating with honors from the University of Baltimore with a Bachelor of Arts degree in history in 1995, I obtained my Juris Doctorate from the University of Baltimore School of Law in 1999 and was then admitted to the Maryland State Bar Association, Inc., and the U.S. District Court.
While still in law school, I began working in Pasadena, Maryland, as a law clerk for my uncle, attorney Vernon Frame, a fixture in the Anne Arundel County legal community for more than 50 years. I stayed with Frame & Frame, LLC, Attorneys at Law, as an associate until 2008. That same year, I left to work with Leo P. Hylan, also located in Pasadena, Maryland, where I later became a partner, forming Hylan and Atwell, LLC. In January of 2011, I decided to open a solo practice serving both the Eastern Shore and Anne Arundel County with offices in Easton and Pasadena.
Born in Annapolis and raised on Kent Island, I have strong ties to the area and the community I call home. After marrying my wife Julie, we moved to Easton in 2000 to raise our two sons, Tristan and Trevor. I am an active member of Saints Peter and Paul Roman Catholic Church and belong to the Easton Elk's Lodge and the Knights of Columbus.
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- J.D. - 1999
- University of Baltimore, Baltimore, Maryland
- B.A. - 1995
- Maryland, 2000
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland, 2000
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Anne Arundel County Bar Association
- Maryland Criminal Defense Attorneys' Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers
- National College for DUI Defense
- American Association of Premier DUI Attorneys
- Leo P. Hylan, P.A., 2009 to 2011
- Frame & Frame, LLC, Associate, 2000 to 2008