Helping Injured Motorcyclists Get The Compensation They Deserve
There’s no doubt about the fact that riding a motorcycle is inherently more dangerous than driving a car. Motorcycles are smaller than cars and offer no external protection. Statistics reveal that a rider is about 28 times more likely to be killed in a crash than someone in an enclosed vehicle.
But motorcycle injury and death rates are not just the result of structural differences. Much of the time, motorcyclists are not given the same attention or deference that drivers give to larger vehicles. When drivers fail to notice motorcyclists, or refuse to give them enough space to travel safely, a crash becomes almost inevitable.
If you are a motorcyclist who has been severely injured by a negligent driver, you need an attorney who will fight for your rights and the compensation you deserve. When you call Atwell Law, LLC, that’s exactly what you can expect.
Common Motorcycle Accident Scenarios And Injuries
As a motorcycle rider, you are vulnerable to accidents and injuries that other travelers rarely face. These include:
- Left-turn accidents, where a driver makes a left turn across oncoming traffic and fails to notice an approaching motorcyclist until it is too late
- Rear-end crashes, where a driver leaves too little room on the road, causing the driver to rear-end the motorcyclist or forcing the motorcyclist to crash into the driver’s back bumper
- Run-off crashes, where a driver gets too close to a motorcyclist, forcing him to swerve off the road and into a stationary object such as a tree
- Road debris accidents, wherein a motorcyclist loses traction and skids due to foreign matter on the roadway, including car parts, leaking fluids or even grass clippings
- Neck and back injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Full or partial paralysis
- Road rash (skin abrasion injuries)
- Broken bones, cuts and bruises
How My Firm Can Help You
After a serious motorcycle accident, you may be facing steep medical bills, lost work time, disputes with insurance companies and any number of other problems that impede your ability to rest and heal. When you hire me as your lawyer, I will take on nearly all of these responsibilities so that you can focus on your health and your loved ones.
For more information on how I can help you after a crash, refer to my car accidents page.
Contact Me For A Free Initial Consultation
Atwell Law, LLC, is located in Easton, and serves clients throughout the area. To discuss your legal options in a free consultation, call me at 410-443-0403 or fill out my online contact form.